Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Fun Fun Weekend

For Canada Day, we took Wrennie to the Legislature Grounds.


She loved the fountains even though the water was pretty chilly. I volunteered to take the photos. :)


Being on top of the fountain was a little scary...get me down Dad!


Soaked!


Aunty Andrea and Uncle Cam joined us for a picnic. We parked it by the dog show that was going on. Cam found the festive flag for Wrennie, and Andrea is holding a tiny pin.


We checked out the marching band. Wrennie really liked them and was sad that we couldn't watch all of it.





Somewhat rare family shot!


Andrea, my mom and I took Wrennie to the Telus World of Science for the Elmo/Sesame Street exhibit. She loved it, and came home with her new favourite friend, Cookie Monster. Those photos will appear in a separate post, too many for here!


Today I fulfilled a dream I had since I found out we were going to be having a baby girl. Today I french-braided Wrennie's hair. It was too much.


We also spent some time at Nana and Papa's.


Wrennie likes being as cool as her uncles in their shades.


White trash. Love them.


And we ended today with Wrennie's most favourite game of the month- "Night-night". She likes to crawl into our bed, get under the covers, snuggle in and say "nigh-night!" and then pretend to snore. Sweetest.


Kenton and I also checked out a relatively new restaurant, Corso 32. We really liked it, and the food was incredible. But definitely not the place for an intimate dinner when it's busy. I couldn't hear a word Kenton said while we ate, but otherwise it was fun.

Like I said, more photos of our adventures at TWOS. I highly recommend it. Even at Wrennie's age, she could play with everything and she thought it was just the best. But if you go, the life-sized Elmo walking around is only there on Saturdays! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the pic of Wren with Cookie Monster is so great - her smile makes me smile. Also, I'm jealous of your adventure to Corso 32! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy! First of all, your blog is completely adorable. Second, Corso 32 is my friend Dan's restaurant! Totally agree with you that it is a little crazy at times, but wasn't the food fantastic! I was so excited to see you went there :)

    ReplyDelete