Anyway, I've been too busy reading this series on my favourite blog, A Cup of Jo, about working moms juggling it all!
While Joanna was away for a week vacation, each day she had a guest blogger post about their life as a mom still managing her career and raising children and maintaining a marriage.
I especially loved what one of the guest posts said about needing to uplift one another as moms, no matter what decision we make about how to best raise our kids:
"13. Have you talked to other women about how to juggle everything? Do you think people talk openly about it?
I am not sure other people are open about it. I struggle with this. My impression (which could be wrong) is that everyone is so invested in making their own right choice that it is easier to put down another woman's choices. Stay-at-home mamas say that it's awful that a mother is letting another woman 'raise' her child. Some working mothers feel superior because they have their own lives and income. The decisions we make are a culmination of our life experiences and I don't know about you, but I'm still learning how to live and doing the best I can along the way. When Elodie was born, I didn't have any other choice but to work. Many mothers have to work. We are all mamas with unique perspectives on parenting with so much to teach each other. We should spend our time uplifting each other and not trying to prove that 'our way' is the right way. I honestly don't know what way is right. I want to be inspired and I want so much to constantly improve. While we are learning, we are alive! (This is a bit of a rant!)
Each post was a great read, and all had different things to say about balancing their lives and how they aren't perfect but they are trying to figure out what works best for them and their families. " (Taken from guest post: Elizabeth Antonia; blog- The Littlest)
Well said.
Today Joanna finished off the series by talking about her own experiences of becoming a new mom and going back to work as well. Definitely worth sitting down for a good read.
Check the posts out here!
Speaking of moms juggling it all...did I mention I landed a full time position at work? WOO HOO! I will be a proud member of the enrolment team (what's that you ask? um, short answer: i will be interviewing families and volunteers for programs, then matching those kids up to that volunteer so they can have a positive mentor in their life) and back to work 5 days a week- possibly in August but maybe not until September. That means more summer time with Wrennie! yay!

Your little Wren is so cute!
ReplyDeleteAnd I think that blog writer is right when she says we're so invested in making the right choices that we put others down. It unfortunately seems easier to feel better about ourselves when we find, or try to find, fault in others. But I dunno...if there's one thing motherhood has taught me it's that we're ALL just doing our best to figure it out as we go along. And everyone has their own journey, for their own reasons! My ideas of 'ideal' parenting have long flown out the window, and everyday is a new adventure, a new joy, and a new struggle with my 2 kids who are very much their own persons.
Anyway, congrats on the full time position!